We all need to start saving water, no matter where we are, who we are or where we come from, water concerns us all. We may still have a few rainy days in Cape Town but probably not enough to get the dams up to last year’s levels.
37.8% may seem ok to some but the last 10% cannot be used, that only leaves 27.8%. Additionally, this time of year Cape Town receives more visitors, which is great of course however it does put even more pressure on the water levels.
Everyone must do their bit:
- Fill a glass to brush your teeth…NEVER leave the tap running!
- Shorten your shower time, Turn Off the tap while you lather up
- COLLECT excess shower water to flush.
- REDUCE the number of toilet flushes where possible and use the short flush button where fitted.
- FILL the dishwasher if you have one it uses less water than washing up by hand!
So with a little extra effort, we can all save a little extra water.
Let’s all do our bit – it will be worth it
Learn more Water-Saving Tips for Your December Holiday in Cape Town, from travelstart.co.za and for any other questions, feel free to contact us.